- Flexible Solar Panels
- Flexible Solar Charging Kits
- Rigid Frame Solar Panels
- Rigid Frame Solar Charging Kits
- Dual Battery Solar Kits
- Folding Solar Charging Kits
- Solar Charge Controllers
- Household Solar Systems
- Solar Lighting Systems
TELL A FRIEND ABOUT THIS PRODUCT
The panels are amazing.........we run the boat fridge all day and have spare amps on top
David (Southville, Bristol, UK) - July 2014
We are a trusted supplier to thousands of UK clients
Large folding kits 80W-100W
100W 12V folding solar charging kit for camper, caravan, boat or any other 12V system
0800 755 5050
and quote the product code below
This complete 100W 12V folding solar charging kit includes:
- High efficiency 50W+50W folding monocrystalline solar panels
- Advanced fully automated 10A solar charge controller with enhanced protection functions
- Adjustable aluminium stand, handle and latches
- 5m cable with a battery plug and a fuse
- Battery crocodile clips for ease of connection
- Storage / protective case
- Installation manual
This solar kit has several important features which make it a truly unique premium quality product:
- It's completely waterproof, including the solar charge controller attached to the back (genuine IP66-waterproof solar controller), so it can be used in any weather conditions
- High efficiency 50W+50W folding monocrystalline solar panels are made of high quality BOSCH solar cells (solar cells made in Germany)
- Protective bag is not just a dust cover - it's a sturdy protective case made with a layer of foam which prevents accidental damages to the frame and glass
- Advanced fully automated 10A solar charge controller provides complete overcharge protection and supports several battery types with different charging parameters for maximum efficiency (sealed, gel, flooded batteries)
At Photonic Universe we always make sure the quality of our products is high. That's why we selected BOSCH as a supplier of solar cells for this charging kit. BOSCH solar cells have excellent performance characteristics even in low light conditions (good output even without direct sunlight!) and higher efficiency and reliability compared to many other solar cells. German quality of solar cells is confirmed by the official certificate. Read more about the record breaking efficiency of BOSCH solar cells by clicking here to see solar cell specifications.
Click on the Details and Specifications tab for more information about this product.
This high quality waterproof 100W folding solar kit is designed to provide free power for charging 12V batteries, for example in vehicles and boats (motorhome, caravan, camper, narrow boat, yacht etc) or any other system with a 12V battery or battery bank. It comes with everything needed for battery charging: advanced 10A 12V solar charge controller, 5m cable with a battery plug, fuse and crocodile clips. You can start using the kit in seconds - just connect it to your battery and place the solar panels in a well-lit area.
The kit comes with a stand which is very easy to set up and fix. A handle and latches ensure ease of storage and portability. Storage case included with the kit is made with a layer of foam, so it will protect the glass and the frame well and prevent any accidental damages. In addition, corners of solar panels are protected by plastic which reduces the risk of damage and makes design look beautiful.
10A waterproof solar charge controller included with the kit will protect your battery from over-charging (it measures state of charge of your battery several times per second). The controller has many other protection functions, such as stopping reverse current at night (from the battery back to the solar panel), incorrect polarity and short circuit protection. Controller uses PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) technology which increases charge acceptance and prolongs the life of your battery. PWM technology can also recover some lost battery capacity.
The kit is suitable for sealed, gel and flooded 12V batteries (solar charge controller allows battery type selection for maximum efficiency of charging). A user manual is included with the kit (advanced users will also benefit from a separate detailed manual for the solar charge controller).
Solar panel specifications:
- Peak power: 100W
- Maximum power voltage: 17.5V
- Maximum power current: 5.70A (2x2.85A)
- Open circuit voltage: 21.6V
- Short circuit current: 6.2A (2x3.1A)
- Power allowance: +/- 3%
- Dimensions: 510x695x70 mm (folded)
- Weight: 12kg
The product is covered by 1 year warranty (workmanship warranty on the solar panel is provided by Photonic Universe, solar charge controller warranty is provided by the solar controller manufacturer) For more information please refer to our Terms and Conditions.
In addition, solar cells are guaranteed to produce at least 90% of nominal power in 10 years after purchase and at least 80% of nominal power in 25 years after purchase. This warranty is provided by the manufacturer of solar cells.
The kit includes a user manual explaining installation in a few simple steps. Advanced users will also benefit from a separate detailed manual for the solar controller.
If you need help with installation or have any technical questions we can provide FREE support - please contact us by email or phone (see Contact Us page for more information).